Happy Anniversary! Happy Birthday! Penblwydd Hapus! Wheelie Good Meals has been open 1 year Today!! So what better way to celebrate than with a sweet treat from Melanie’s Food Adventures. If you like this recipe and you want to try more of Melanies Sweet treats then you can check out her Hedgehog Tray Bake or her Zebra Cake. If you would like to download a printable version of this recipe click here. There’s a distinct lack of animals in this one but the recipe, as always (ssshhh don’t tell her I said that) is fab! Hopefully see you later for another post, but if not see you tomorrow with a Time-Saving Tuesdays post to celebrate the anniversary of our first posts!
So delighted to write another blog post for Richard!
This time round I’m sharing a recipe for some homemade Granola Bars. They’re utterly delicious & not overly sweet. They’ll last a good few days in an airtight container & were perfect for nibbling in the car when we drove down to the Lake District on holiday.
Homemade Granola Bars (makes around 24 depending on how big you cut them)
- 80g Porridge Oats
- 65g Shredded Wheat
- 45g Almonds
- 45g Pistachios
- 45g Walnuts
- 45g Pecans
- 1/2tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2tbsp Agave or Honey
- 1tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 160 Fan / 350F. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking tray with lightly buttered greaseproof paper (making sure there’s enough paper up the sides to allow you to remove the bars once baked) and set aside.
- Place the 80g Porridge Oats, 65g Shredded Wheat, 45g each of Almonds Pistachios, Walnuts and Pecans, 1/2tsp Cinnamon and 1/2tsp Salt in a food mixer and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped. Don’t worry if there’s still some chunkier bits.
- In a large bowl, hand whisk 3 Eggs, 2tsp Agave or Honey and 1tsp Vanilla Extract until well combined. Add the oatmeal mixture and stir with a large spoon until its mixed evenly.
- Transfer to the baking tray and flatten down gently with the back of a spoon or spatula to spread evenly.
- Bake for around 18 minutes until the edges turn golden brown. Let bars cool completely in the tray before slicing and serving.
Hints and Tips 😀
You can combine any choice of nuts and include or replace dried fruit too.